Episode 5: Talk About Client Crises with Amber Anderson
This week, we talk to Amber Anderson all about Client Crises – something that is an inevitability for any small business owner, especially if you’re in the wedding industry. Amber dives in deep and shares some personal anecdotes about how she’s dealt with this in her business, and lessons we can all learn on how to move forward with grace, dignity, and compassion. This is a must-listen episode for every business owner…because if you haven’t had a client crisis yet, you will.
This Week’s Guest: Amber Anderson of Refine for Wedding Planners
After a decade in weddings and events, Amber Anderson, owner of Heavenly Day Events, pivoted her career into coaching others while maintaining her planning company in Austin, Texas. As the new host of Refine for Wedding Planners, Amber desires to coach and mentor new, aspiring and struggling planners via the largest Facebook group exclusively for wedding planners by offering a course, workshop and templates! Community over competition is important to Amber and she is proud to have helped start the Associated Wedding Planners of Austin, a conglomeration of local planners seeking to grow and excel through ethics and standards. With regular interviews and publications in sources like Bustle, Style Me Pretty and Martha Weddings, Amber brings a fresh perspective to the industry and strives to elevate the planning category one conversation at a time.
- Perception is reality: Your client’s grievances might not be factual, but that doesn’t make them any less real for them.
- Getting an extra set of eyes on responses to client problems is essential.
- The best way to deescalate is to OWN the problem, not ignore it. Own it, and then fix it.
- Phone calls are for emotions, emails are for facts.
- Bad reviews are not the end of the world. Truly.
Renee & Amber Talked About:
(This section may contain affiliate links)
This Week’s Sponsor: Bench Bookkeeping
We LOVE Bench Bookkeeping! Last year, I told Quickbooks to take a hike and hired Bench Bookkeeping, and dare I say – bookkeeping is now fun? (Truth: Bc I’m not doing it myself!) Bench Bookkeeping does your small business books FOR YOU. You get connected with an in-house bookkeeper – yes, an actual human – who prepares your monthly and yearly books. AND you get intuitive software so you can monitor your finances and biz performance like the pro that you are! As a podcast listener, you get 20% off your first 6 months of Bench. Just go to reneedalo.com/Bench. Friends don’t let friends do their own books, friends!
Thanks for Listening!
Talkback to Renee – she loves it!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow @talkwithreneedalo on Instagram!
- Follow Talk with Renee Dalo on Facebook
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn
Photos: Courtney Paige Ray
Cover Art: Magnoliahouse Creative