Episode 3: Talk About Side Hustles with Dannie Lynn Fountain
Have you ever had a side hustle? Or are you thinking about adding one on? This week we chat with Dannie Lynn Fountain, founder of the #sidehustlegal movement. We dive into many aspects of the side hustle: the workload, the (potential) stigma, setting boundaries, time management, and more! Also, we sidetrack into business travel, coffee dates and our mutual love for The Wing, as you do. Listen in and learn from the fabulous brain & heart of Dannie! Let’s talk it out!
Meet Dannie Lynn Fountain
Dannie Lynn Fountain is a marketing strategist and whip-smart whiskey drinker currently working at Google. She has 10+ years of experience as an entrepreneur and strategist. Today, she works with creative entrepreneurs and corporations to strategize and implement marketing processes to increase their leads and sales. Her specialty is focusing on passionate storytelling, regardless of industry. Beyond strategy, Dannie is the author of four books and a regular speaker on marketing and entrepreneurship worldwide. She is also the founder of the #sidehustlegal movement. Her work has been recognized by Forbes, Bustle, Business Insider, Cosmopolitan, Digiday, Girlboss, PR News, and more.
- “Side hustle is not less than hustle.”
- Running a business when you’re a mom, is a side hustle. We forget some of the less-visible aspects of side hustling.
- Side hustles vs. Side gigs: What’s the difference?
- To have an effective side hustle, you have to have boundaries!
Renee & Dannie Talked About:
(This section may contain affiliate links)
This Week’s Sponsor: Bench Bookkeeping
We LOVE Bench Bookkeeping! Last year, I told Quickbooks to take a hike and hired Bench Bookkeeping, and dare I say – bookkeeping is now fun? (Truth: Bc I’m not doing it myself!) Bench Bookkeeping does your small business books FOR YOU. You get connected with an in-house bookkeeper – yes, an actual human – who prepares your monthly and yearly books. AND you get intuitive software so you can monitor your finances and biz performance like the pro that you are! As a podcast listener, you get 20% off your first 6 months of Bench. Just go to reneedalo.com/Bench. Friends don’t let friends do their own books, friends!
Thanks for Listening!
Talkback to Renee – she loves it!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow @talkwithreneedalo on Instagram!
- Follow Talk with Renee Dalo on Facebook
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn
Photos: Courtney Paige Ray
Cover Art: Magnoliahouse Creative