Episode 2: Talk About Leveling Up with Leah Weinberg
This week, we chat with Leah Weinberg, Owner & Creative Director of Color Pop Events, all about Leveling Up. We hear this buzzword all the time, but what does it really mean? And how do you DO it? Leah walks us through her methods, and we dive deep into boundaries, failures, and lessons learned. If you feel like your biz (or life) is on the cusp of a transition, listen to this episode now. Grab your fave drink, settle in, and let’s talk it out!
Meet Leah Weinberg
Leah Weinberg is the Owner & Creative Director of Color Pop Events — a New York City-based wedding planning company that focuses on the details and lives in the logistics. Now in her sixth year of business, Leah leverages skills like organization, attention to detail, and client service from her prior career as a commercial real estate attorney to excel at event production.
Her colorful work and party planning tips have been published online and in print with Vogue, Bravo, Thrive Global, Glamour, Marie Claire, Martha Stewart Weddings, Martha Stewart Living, The Knot, Buzzfeed and more.
Earlier this year, Leah spoke at Alt Summit on how to turn your side hustle into a full-time creative career, and in 2018, she presented at NACE Experience on the topic of building a diverse and inclusive portfolio as an event professional. Her speaking credits over the last couple of years also include numerous regional events, webinars, and podcasts.
Key Takeaways About Leveling Up:
- Leveling Up is a cute buzzword right now, but what does it mean for you and your business?
- Leveling up is different for everyone, and doesn’t have to be stressful or feel like pressure
- Expanding doesn’t always have to be a part of upleveling. Sometimes streamlining your business is the best way to uplevel.
- The “comparison game” is real, and the way out of it is through gratitude & mindset!
- Learning how to prioritize and set boundaries is the clearest way to level up with intention.
Renee & Leah Talked About:
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- Johnny Cupcakes
- Leah on Instagram: Color Pop Events
- Leah’s Facebook Live Series: Color Pop Events
This Week’s Sponsor: Bench Bookkeeping
We LOVE Bench Bookkeeping! Last year, I told Quickbooks to take a hike and hired Bench Bookkeeping, and dare I say – bookkeeping is now fun? (Truth: Bc I’m not doing it myself!) Bench Bookkeeping does your small business books FOR YOU. You get connected with an in-house bookkeeper – yes, an actual human – who prepares your monthly and yearly books. AND you get intuitive software so you can monitor your finances and biz performance like the pro that you are! As a podcast listener, you get 20% off your first 6 months of Bench. Just go to reneedalo.com/Bench. Friends don’t let friends do their own books, friends!
Thanks for Listening!
Talkback to Renee – she loves it!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help bring the show to new people!
- Follow @talkwithreneedalo on Instagram!
- Follow Talk with Renee Dalo on Facebook
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn
Photos: Courtney Paige Ray
Cover Art: Magnoliahouse Creative