Episode 22: Talk About Ideal Clients with Gabby Pinkerton
This week, I chat with Gabby Pinkerton of ‘Cause We Can Events talk about ideal clients and defining what you offer to them. Gabby is a wedding planner who fell in love with the outdoor side of weddings and now specializes in adventure and destination weddings. After changing course and rebranding, Gabby grew passionate about helping other business owners and planners find their voice to reach the right clients for them. If you are struggling with pinpointing your ideal client, you’ll learn a lot from Gabby’s story.
Gabby Pinkerton is the founder and lead planner at ‘Cause We Can Events. She started this company in 2012 in the hopes of producing events for causes (see where the name came from?).
Gabby worked for non-profits, planned yoga festivals, and wonderful dinner galas but kept feeling pulled toward weddings. The idea of being in nature and celebrating love under the stars captivated her, so she started specializing in destination weddings for adventurous couples. Her event design is minimalistic and often inspired by nature. She and her team now produce events all over the US, Canada, Europe and in 2020 they will be in South Africa!
Fun fact: Gabby, her husband, and their two dogs live on a boat!
- Adventure wedding industry
- Don’t settle for what you don’t love to do.
- Rebranding Lull
- Adapting to a new workflow
- Honing in on your ideal client
Renee & Gabby Talked About:
(This section may contain affiliate links)
- ‘Cause We Can Events
- Cause We Can Mentorship Program (Special Bonus for Podcast listeners: Until 2/14, you get a discount!)
- WeddingChella: A Three-Day Festival Wedding in Utah
- Gabby on Pinterest
- Gabby on Instagram
This Week’s Sponsor: Aisle Planner
Aisle Planner, an all in one, easy to use business management platform for wedding planners. It’s the one place for everything; seating charts, calendar, wedding website for your clients, plus everything you need to get paid. Wedding planning is hard, why make it harder on yourself by using three or four different systems. Podcast listeners get a 30-day free trial PLUS 25% off their first three months. Just go to rennedalo.com/aisleplanner and start your wedding planning business off right with Aisle planner.
Thanks for Listening!
Talkback to Renee – she loves it!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow @talkwithreneedalo on Instagram!
- Follow Talk with Renee Dalo on Facebook
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn
Photos: Courtney Paige Ray
Cover Art: Magnoliahouse Creative