Episode 39: Talk About Pushing Through Panic to Pivot with Aleya Harris
I’m chatting with Aleya Harris about pushing through panic to pivot and create a marketing strategy that serves your clients. This is a difficult time, but we can shift to continue serving our clients. Aleya is an award-winning marketer, former catering company owner, and chef. Using her experience and expertise, she guides us through providing expertise and encouragement to our clients. Eventually, we can come out on the other side with stronger relationships and a foundation of trust.
So if you’re wondering how to market and serve your clients during a crisis, then you need to listen in.
Meet Aleya Harris
Aleya Harris, an award-winning marketer, former chef, and former catering company owner. She is also the Owner of Flourish Marketing, an agency that provides marketing education, strategy, and tools to help wedding, catering, and event professionals get and keep a consistent stream of clients. She is a StoryBrand Certified Guide, and so she uses that narrative-based framework to develop clear, engaging, and highly-converting marketing assets, like websites and social media solutions, for her clients. Currently, Aleya is the Marketing Committee Chair for NACE and a top speaker at conferences and events like Catersource and The Special Event.
Key Takeaways for Pushing Through Panic to Pivot
- Ambiguity & First Reactions
- 2021 Is Still Happening
- Listening to Your Customers
- Marketing Funnels, Pivoting in Different Directions
- Email List vs Facebook Group
- Social Media Growth
- Refreshing Your Website
- Revisiting Your Marketing Strategy
Renee & Aleya Talked About:
(This section may contain affiliate links.)
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Free Resources from Aleya
- Constant Contact for Email Marketing
- Spark Marketing
- Aleya Harris on Instagram and Facebook
- Flourish Marketing on Instagram and Facebook
- The Social Media Pantry
- The Social Media Pantry on Instagram and Facebook
- Aleya’s Facebook Group, Catering & Event Pros | Marketing & Media
This Week’s Sponsor: Aisle Planner
This week’s sponsor is Aisle Planner, an all-in-one, easy-to-use business management platform for wedding planners. It’s one place for everything: seating charts, calendars, wedding websites for your clients, and everything you need to get paid. Wedding planning is hard. So why make it harder on yourself by using three or four different systems?
As podcast listeners, you get a 30-day free trial PLUS 25% off their first three months. Go to reneedalo.com/aisleplanner, and start your wedding planning business off right with Aisle Planner.
Thanks for Listening!
Talk back to Renee. She loves it!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow @talkwithreneedalo on Instagram!
- Follow Talk with Renee Dalo on Facebook.
- Share this article on social media and send it to a friend!
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn
Photos: Courtney Paige Ray
Cover Art: Magnoliahouse Creative