Meagan Culkin Shares Secrets: How Wedding Pros Can Thrive on TikTok
If you’re feeling frustrated and discouraged that despite trying to increase visibility and engagement for your wedding business through TikTok, your efforts seem to be yielding little to no results, then you are not alone!
“Couples were on TikTok, and so I was like, if I could speak to them, that might lead to more business when we have the opportunity to do that again (post pandemic).”– Meagan Culkin
In the early days of the pandemic, wedding planner Meagan Culkin stumbled upon a golden opportunity in the unlikeliest of places – TikTok. Already adept at navigating the world of Instagram, she decided to take the plunge, exploring the new platform to expand her reach and adapt to the changing landscape. As luck would have it, Meagan soon found herself in a thriving community of couples, her target market. Embracing the challenge, she began to contribute meaningfully to the conversations, sharing her valuable wedding planning insights. Gradually, she honed her content creation skills, leveraging popular trends to showcase the magic behind the weddings she orchestrated. In the process, Meagan’s business flourished, attracting not only clients but also esteemed industry partners. Her journey stands as a shining example of how embracing change can lead to success in uncertain times.
Go grab your coffee or your tea, and let’s talk it out.
- Start utilizing TikTok for your wedding business by creating diverse content, such as educational videos, behind-the-scenes looks at wedding days, and trending audio paired with relevant videos.
- Capture short videos on wedding days to share on TikTok, such as cake cuttings, unique details, or even mundane tasks like detailing a table.
- Save videos that may not have immediate content ideas for later use, as trending sounds or new ideas may come up and make the content relevant.
- Repurpose content from other social media platforms, such as Instagram or Pinterest, and adjust it to fit the TikTok audience.
- Engage with the TikTok community by responding to comments and participating in conversations, but be prepared for potential negative comments and have a thick skin.
- Focus on creating content that keeps viewers watching for longer, as TikTok’s algorithm promotes videos based on the amount of time users spend on each video.
- Experiment with different features on TikTok, such as voiceovers, green screens, or even participating in trending challenges to keep your content fresh and engaging.
- Consider batch-creating content and saving it to post later, allowing for more consistency and planning in your TikTok strategy.
- Share your TikTok content on other platforms, like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, to reach a wider audience and cross-promote your business.
- Continuously monitor trends, audience engagement, and performance metrics to adapt your TikTok
More About Meagan Culkin
Meagan Culkin is the owner of Magnolia Collective, a planning and design company that serves both the NC and VA markets. When not designing event spaces, Meagan spends her time offering consulting for wedding businesses, discovering foodie haunts in her new hometown of Richmond, VA, and trying to get her dogs to cooperate for Tiktok videos.
Connect with Meagan Culkin
Want to read instead of listen? Download the transcript here.
Thanks for Listening
Talk back to Renee. She loves it!
Leave Renee a Review! If you loved this episode, would you consider rating and reviewing Talk with Renee Dalo on Apple Podcasts? Your feedback allows us to help more wedding planners and industry pros (just like you) reach their full potential. Click above, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate, click “Write a Review,” and tell us your favorite part of the episode or how it has helped you. Thank you, truly. Your reviews help more than you know!
- Leave a comment on this episode below.
- Leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your reviews help our show immensely!
- Follow @reneedalo on Instagram!
- Subscribe on YouTube – Video podcasts coming soon!
- Listen to this podcast on Amazon Music
Title Track Voiceover: Melissa Disney
Editor: M. Lynn